Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote/Manchester – Fulltime Position – £45-55K DoE
Established in 2002 we are perfectionists, unashamedly and meticulously so, because we know we have a critical role to play in the management of our customer’s patients. Taking our experience with accurate transcriptions and transformative integrations we are now developing and marketing advanced cloud-based dictation, transcription, workflow, and speech recognition solutions globally.
Work with leading technology, on innovative products that help the NHS and UK healthcare market.
Previously a software engineer focused on quality reliable code and products, or a seasoned QA professional used to working deep inside delivery teams. Curious and self-motivated. Specific languages and tools are not as relevant for this role as well rounded experience and technical thinking, decision making and problem-solving. You will be able to talk about previous incidents and your role in remediating and guarding against them.
What you will do
- Documentation. About 25% of your time will hopefully be writing and refining processes and proposals and reporting on your testing activities to the design team.
- Investigating and comparing solutions for specific problems and sharing your passions with the wider team.
- Reviewing code and unit tests. You will not be writing unit tests, but you should be able to identify tests that need work and help us ensure sufficient code coverage.
- Designing, coding, debugging, executing, and analysing automated/manual tests.
- Automating as much testing as possible in our deployment pipeline, ensuring integration, security and performance gates are in place and maintaining quality.
- Collaborating on new projects and solution plans. You will use your rigour and experience to ensure development plans have considered quality from the start and that quality does not degrade as the project progresses.
- Proactively identify weaknesses and drive proposals to remediate them. We will need you to help us all deliver for our clients.
What we offer
An open, no nonsense, fast moving culture
- An attractive package with competitive salaries.
- An open, honest, friendly culture.
- Many opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Regular team events and outings.
- The opportunity to use your experience to help define and grow our quality function.
What we are looking for
- B.Tech/BSc in IT/Computer Science.
- 3+ years hands on experience creating and executing automated tests
- Experience of a test automation tool ex. TOSCA, Selenium, MTM, QTP, UFT etc.
- Exposure to infrastructure testing
- Exposure to production support
- Any health care domain experience a plus
What we currently use
It will be advantageous if you have some C# experience, but these are things we currently use or are planning to use and not a checklist.
The products utilise integrated data and speech-driven AI technologies for the web and mobile apps. Be a part of a highly skilled and dynamic international team of developers that are using the latest AI speech technologies to help the NHS become more efficient. Working in healthcare technology is one of the most rewarding markets available to capable dedicated engineers looking to make a real difference.
This position is a remote working position with opportunities for travel to our offices and customer locations are available when COVID restrictions allow.
Other jobs at Scribetech
Remote – Bury, London & Mumbai
You will have a stable career history, be well presented (to corporate standard) and have excellent communication skills (both spoken and written English).
The successful candidate will also have extremely good attention to detail, have a systematic approach to problem solving and be able to see the bigger picture.
We have lots of extremely focused team mates and being a self starter “manager of one”, with a creative and an agile OOTB mind is an advantage.
Perks of the Job
28 Days Holiday
(When COVID Secure)
International Company Travel
Interested?! Send us your CV to Setup an Interview
At Scribetech we attract, nurture and retain talented individuals. Finding them through a rigorous recruitment process and retaining them, many for a long time, through our continuous learning culture. This is based on our ‘Let’s Improve For Ever’ (LIFE) philosophy which provides ongoing training and a very open style of staff communications. If this sounds like a fit for you send us your CV to get the ball rolling!